Thursday, March 25, 2010

TRACY FAMILY LEGACY

The Rice-Durfee Families were my Father's Ancestors. I will give a brief history of my Mother's Ancestors, the Tracy- Taylor Families.

My great, great Grandfather was Caleb Tracy, born 1786 in Danbury, Rutland, Vermont. There is no history on him.
My great, great Grandmother was Susannah Colvin, born 1787 in Pawlett, Addison, Vermont. I could not find any history of her either.
My great Grandfather was Silas Horace Tracy, born Mar. 23, 1830 in Elllisburg, Jefferson, New York. No history on him. My great Grandmother was Fannie Marilla Garner, born July 2, 1844 in Nauvoo, Illinois.
Fannie Marilla was the second daughter of David Garner and Dolly Durfee. She was born just five days after the martyrdom of the Prophet Joseph Smith. The lives of the Saints were in turmoil and as soon as possible the David Garner family moved to Council Bluffs, Iowa to escape the persecution in Nauvoo. They began the long trek to the Salt Lake Valley in 1850, suffering many hardships along the way.
Fannie became the third wife of Silas at a very young age. They were the parents of nine children. After years of contention, Fannie divorced Silas and moved her family to Park Valley, Utah. At some point Fannie moved the family to Yost, Utah, and married David Graham.
She died at the age of 96 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment